Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Wonderful World of Etsy

By Liza Tanner


I was recently introduced to Etsy.com, and if you haven’t already discovered this online gem, then I highly recommend checking it out.  It’s my kind of treasure hunt.  The website is a seemingly endless but very well organized online flea market full of unique items of all varieties and prices.  Or as the owners describe it: “your place to buy and sell all things handmade.”  The site is overflowing with handmade pieces that will bring that special something to your outfit, your table, or your home!  


At first I was overwhelmed by the enormous selection on the site, but then I discovered that by clicking on “Gift Guides” at the top left of the homepage, I was directed to a selection of the Etsy staff’s favorites in an assortment of categories, from “Artful Entertaining” to “Equestrian Prep” to “Make A Statement” and more.  The guides made sifting through the site much easier.


One of my favorite finds is this peacock fascinator, which will be the perfect accessory for styling up my little black dress. 

Found in the “Paper Goods” category, these butterfly place cards will provide a delicate touch to an upcoming Pineapple wedding.

I searched for “linens” and came upon these sky blue napkins, which would be perfect for hosting a Sunday brunch on the patio.  I also clicked on the seller, LinenMe’s “shop,” and she creates the most beautiful linen tablecloths, scarves and more!

These are just a few examples of the treasures that I have found on Etsy.  Happy perusing!

No comments:

Post a Comment