Friday, October 16, 2009

Sweet Dreams

by Elizabeth Duncan

Last Month I had the incredible opportunity to channel my inner Amy Atlas and design and produce a fabulous dessert bar for one of my wedding clients. Of course, we had a huge advantage in that the mother of the bride owns a local bakery and put herself and her staff at the whim of our creativity. We took our inspiration from several places, including pictures we found in magazines and on blogs, the bride’s navy, yellow and white color palette and subtle nautical motif, the quilted butter yellow linens we had chosen for the dinner tables and, of course, the favorite confections of the bride and groom. The final display was beautiful, whimsical and delicious!

Some of the inspirations for the dessert bar:




Photos courtesy of 1) Elegant Bride, 2) InStyle Weddings and 3, 4) Martha Stewart Weddings

My sketch of the final concept:


Assembling the dessert bar at the event:



Dessert bar sketch and photos by E. Duncan


2 comments:

  1. I love the yellow and navy combo - so cheery, and a classic combination with a twist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison! I just discovered your blog, and I was not surprised to find that it is absolutely awesome! I hope you and your family are doing well!
    Cheers,
    Whitney

    ReplyDelete